Simplicity Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from April 2012.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and address
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We also use your information for our legal purposes and for our legitimate interests or those of a third party as described in our Customer Privacy Notice on this page.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Harmless cookies that are designed to enhance your user experience of this website are stored on your device. These consist of small data files relating to you and this website. Information stored in cookies created by Simplicity Limited is not shared with any third party unless required to do so by law. By continuing to browse this website you are consenting to the storage of its first party cookies on your device. Should you disagree to the storage of first party cookies from this website on your device please click here to remove them and discontinue browsing this website.
The first party cookies used by this website include (but may not be limited to):
- __utma: Google Analytics cookie that refers to the number of times you have visited our website and the first and the last visit times.
- __utmb and __utmc: Google Analytics cookies that contain timestamps of time you enter and leave our website.
- __utmz: Google Analytics cookie that tracks which search engine you have used to come to this website, which keyword(s) you used to find the website, which link(s) you have clicked on within the website and where you were located when you clicked that link.
- frontend: Magento cookie that contains your session information.
- external_no_cache: Magento cookie that indicates whether cache is enabled or not.
The third party cookies that have been set as a result of browsing this website include (but may not be limited to):
- __unam: ShareThis cookie that monitors your activity related to sharing posts and pages through ShareThis service.
- __stid: ShareThis cookie that is a random unique identifier not tied to any personally identifiable information.
- __uset: ShareThis cookie that identifies whether you have already been given a random unique identifier (__stid cookie) or not.
- UID, UIDR: Scorecard Research cookie used by ShareThis to identify and analyse their audience.
- Apache, TS*, navcmd, s_sess, s_pers, cookie_check: PayPal cookies that allow Paypal payment system to function. They also allow PayPal to monitor the activities of users of its payment system to improve efficiency of advertising and promote trust and safety.
- JSESSIONID, NSC_wjq-tbhfqbz-dpn: SagePay cookies necessary for SagePay payment system to function. They contain session information used in SagePay VSP Terminal to process the payments.
Please note that third party cookies may not be controlled by us and are part of your agreement with the third party, e.g. if you are logged in to Facebook or Google. However, most Internet browsers give you the facility to delete cookies that you do not want stored on your device. You can usually visit your browser’s website for instructions on how to do this.
Link to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the below address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
PO Box 367,
CUSTOMER PRIVACY NOTICE
We collect and process your personal information that is provided by you, as our customer or prospective customer, or generated by you in your use of our services. This Privacy Notice is provided to you in accordance with applicable privacy laws including, but not limited to, laws implementing the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) (the “Data Privacy Laws”). It applies only to residents in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and the UK who use our services and it explains what information you provide to us and how we use your information to provide our services to you. This Privacy Notice is not applicable to customers or prospective customers in any other territory other than in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and the UK.
Your personal information
Your personal information includes any information relating to you where you are identified or from which you are identifiable. This includes your name, contact information, information about where you work and, if applicable, where you live and your use of our services.
We collect various types of personal information from different sources, including:
- Account information you provide to us when you open your account;
- Information you provide directly to us when you register to use a Company website or obtain services provided by us;
- Information we collect about your use of our services;
Some of the personal information you provide to us may include health information or other sensitive or special categories of personal information.
What we do with your personal information
All the personal information we collect from you or generated by you is used to provide the services.
The Company will safeguard the privacy and security of special categories of personal information as required under Data Privacy Laws.
We are also permitted to process your personal information to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and/or our contractual obligations to you to provide the services to you, to manage your account with us and to manage any technical issues or support requests that may arise.
Some of your personal information is processed by us in the United States and is held on servers in the United States. By using our services, you expressly acknowledge and agree to the transfer of some of your personal information to the United States, which may have a lower standard of data privacy laws in your country of residence. Our security measures are described below in this Privacy Notice.
There may be instances when we disclose your personal information to other parties:
- to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or court order) or request for information from a regulator or otherwise for legal purposes;
- to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing the services; or
- to protect the rights, property or safety of the Company, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers or otherwise in the legitimate business interests of the Company and/or our affiliates and in accordance with Data Privacy Laws.
We may share your personal information with other business entities in connection with the sale, assignment, merger or other transfer of all or a portion of the Company’s business to that business entity.
In any instance where we need to share your personal information with third parties, we will restrict the nature and categories of personal information to that which is required to comply with our contractual obligations to you or our legal and/or regulatory requirements. We may de-identify your personal information to protect your privacy.
How we protect your personal information
The Company understands that storing data in a secure manner is essential. The Company stores personal information and other data using reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to secure data against foreseeable risks, such as unauthorized use, access, disclosure, destruction or modification. Although we make good faith efforts to store the information we collect in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security. Further, while we work to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information.
How long we keep it
We retain your personal data relating to the use of our services for the duration of the customer relationship and for seven years after the customer account is closed for legal, regulatory, audit and tax requirements. After this period has expired, the personal information relating to your account and your use of the services will be deleted. Any personal information which you have provided to us for marketing purposes will be kept until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
Notification of other Company services and products
We would like to use your name and email address to inform you of our future or related services, offers and similar products. If you provide us with your consent to receive marketing communications, we will offer the right to unsubscribe in each electronic communication. This information is not shared with third parties and you can unsubscribe at any time via email, the Platform or through our website.
What are your rights?
You have the right to ensure your personal information is accurate. To make changes to your contact and other account information, or to opt out of receiving marketing communications, please contact us in one of the following ways:
Send an email to our Customer Service Team [email protected]
You have the right to request that we delete your personal information. In this event, we will close your account and retain your personal information as described above in this Privacy Notice. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information. This may compromise our ability to provide you with the services.
You also have the right to transfer your account details to another service provider. We will, following your written request to us, provide you with your relevant personal information in a machine-readable format to transfer to another service provider.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal information, you can contact our Privacy Officer (details above) who will investigate the matter and respond to you promptly.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you can complain to any applicable data privacy authority in your country of residence.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or about the Company’s handling of your information, please contact [email protected]
WELCOME TO SEWDIRECT
It looks like you’re visiting us from the AUSTRALIA region.
Would you like to shop our sewdirect AUSTRALIA site?
No, stay on the UK site
Are you sure you’d like to cancel your membership?
Your Sew Today VIP Membership 40% discount on all products on sewdirect will no longer apply.