We’re proud to be part of a lasting tradition where makers reuse and reinvent our sewing patterns, owning them for many years after they first bought them.
Vintage Vogue Sewing patterns, especially those from our designer collaborations, are considered collectors’ items. And we share advice for preserving sewing pattern tissue so it lasts as long as possible.
But it’s important to share the environmental impact of our pattern products. Keep reading to learn more.
And don’t forget to recycle your excess pattern paper. Or if you have a pattern you no longer want, we recommend donating it to charity or offering it at a sewing swap.
As well as using recycled paper in our production we work with accredited paper mills to source our stock:
- The tissue paper comes from a FSC certified mill.
- The guide sheet paper comes from a FSC & SFI certified mill.
- The envelope paper comes from a FSC, SFI and PEFC certified mill.
In addition to this:
- We use a mineral oil based ink with a very low % VOC of 0.5%
- The glue we use in our envelopes has 0% VOCs
- Paper is acid free/alkaline paper
- And we use predominantly unbleached paper stock.
Printing plant and warehouse
We have a number of initiatives to help our printing plant and warehouses be more energy efficient and responsible:
- The corrugated card used in our UK packing contains 90% recycled content.
- All scrap paper, plastic wrap, pallets, banding material and printing plates are recycled.
- All waste solvent used for cleaning the printing plates is sent off site to be recycled into blended fuel.
- Motion-sense LED lighting installed throughout the warehouse minimises electrical wastage.
WELCOME TO SEWDIRECT
It looks like you’re visiting us from the AUSTRALIA region.
Would you like to shop our sewdirect AUSTRALIA site?
No, stay on the UK site
Are you sure you’d like to cancel your membership?
Your Sew Today VIP Membership 40% discount on all products on sewdirect will no longer apply.