Each month we’ll be sharing words of sewing wisdom from a special stitcher, on the Simplicity Sewing Circle blog.
And this month it’s Lucy, from Sew Essential’s turn. With the sunshine finally starting to shine, here are five reasons why this New Look 6106 pattern is the perfect Summer skirt …..
1. The A line shape is incredibly flattering – cinched in at the waist and loosely fitting on the hips and thighs it creates a feminine silhouette for any body shape. The most important thing to remember is to get the length right – if you are petite go for a shorter hemline.
2. It will keep you cool and comfortable when temperatures are soaring thanks to the loose fit from the waist down.
3. The stylish pockets are super easy to make and give the skirt an on trend 70s retro feel.
4. It is suitable for all our favourite summer fabrics – linen, denim, cotton, chambray, silks and more! I chose our gorgeous John Kaldor ditsy cotton fabric for a pretty, cool combo!
5. It will be the go to item in your summer wardrobe – the perfect partner for sandals and vest tops you will live in it all summer long!
Find out more about our guest blogger Lucy Regan, from Sew Essential
Sew Essential was one of the first UK based on-line sewing stores founded by life long sewing enthusiast Angela Regan and her son Ed in 2004. They sell over 20000 products including the Simplicity range of sewing patterns and employ a team of sewing fanatics, who pride themselves on their extensive expertise and knowledge of the sewing products and sewing machines they stock.
Lucy, Ed’s wife, recently joined the team and is sharing her journey as a beginner sewist through the Sew Essential blog. Determined to keep the family tradition going she has well and truly got the sewing bug and is lucky enough to have Angela as her mentor!